Free membership is available to any voluntary, community or not for profit organisation working or providing a service to people living and working in the Basildon borough.
By joining BBW CVS your organisation will qualify for the many benefits and discounts that are exclusive to members. As well as keeping up to date with information for and about the voluntary and community sector you will have the opportunity to be fully involved with our work and will be able to have a say in how the CVS is run.
Moreover, having a large membership gives us credibility to reflect and represent the views of the sector to key strategic partners and influence their thinking and decisions.
Join us and help strengthen the voice of the voluntary and community sector in Basildon borough.
- Offering advice on governance and funding on both a one-to-one basis and through fortnightly publications of our comprehensive E bulletin.
- Providing extensive fundraising support including opportunities through the local community to fundraise for your cause.
- Facilitating access to training, workshops and other learning opportunities.
- Enabling local non-profit organisations access to discounted affiliate services including IT, HR and insurance.
- Listing your organisation’s contact details within our own publications and submission onto the More in Common Basildon Borough directory.
- Helping new organisations to set up, build their capacity and become sustainable.
- Identifying local needs and developing local resolutions including building the already-established Leaders Peer Network and Community Forum.
- Strengthening existing organisations with training, guidance, and accreditation with a whole market approach.
- Administering small grants programmes.
- Supporting publicity and promotional initiatives through social media platforms and our own publications.
- Representing the views of the non-profit sector at local, regional and national level to statutory partners through consultation and networking.
- Promoting and campaigning for the interests of the non-profit sector to help maintain its strength and independence.
- Encouraging investment into the non-profit sector.
- Influencing change with the use of research and evaluation.
- Connecting with statutory partners to help identify gaps in local provision and develop strategies to empower our sector to generate positive change.
- Acting as a trusted and independent funding panel member to assist various awarding bodies across Essex.
- Creating and supporting forums and working groups which help non-profit organizations to work together to share information and best practice.
- Working alongside community groups to build and sustain their volunteering offer with training, guidance, governance, and recruitment.